Sunday, November 16, 2008

Party with Tramp Skirts and The Admirals Club!



The other night my husband dragged me to Spartanburg (SC) to see a female band I never heard of before. They're called the Trampskirts and they just blew me away! The ladies are all business on the stage and just nice women on the floor after their set. Ashley, the lead singer has the whitest, most perfect teeth I've ever seen and can that woman scream! Lauren, guitarist -- far left in the picture -- also sings. I think she sounds like Janis Joplin, but being too young to have ever heard Joplin live, older rockers might have grounds to argue with me. The band is rounded out by Jacki on drums (third in image) and Jade (far right) on lead guitar. Their sweet merch girl even gave me a free bumper sticker.


The other great part of the evening was that I also got hear a set from The Admirals Club, and meet a few of the guys afterward as a bonus. (Hi, Ben! Hi, Marshall!) Both bands are are signed with Supernova and they can really play (not just all showmanship with no substance). If you want to hear some of their work check out their MySpace page. Otherwise, I've posted their tour image above so if they're coming to your area you can see them. If you like loud, hard, intense music, you won't want to miss them!

No comments: