Sunday, November 23, 2008

Temperament Guide to Truth



Do you know your learning style? Your temperament? If you've never taken the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, you can do so here.

I've taken it several times in my life and get a sliding view of answers. When I first was in college (back in the late 80s) I tested as an "artisan." By the time I earned my BA degree in 1991, I was a "rational." Did I change or did my overview of the world change?



Here's a bit about the Rational Temperament that I feel Resonates with Me:
  • In working with problems, Rationals try to find solutions that have application in the real world, but they are even more interested in the abstract concepts involved, the fundamental principles or natural laws that underlie the particular case.
  • Rationals have an insatiable hunger to accomplish their goals and will work tirelessly on any project they have set their mind to.
  • Seek to acquire and apply expertise.
  • In your ideal job, you independently analyze systems and make recommendations about how objectives will best be reached; someone else does the work of delegating work, motivating people, or enforcing work duties.
If you've been following my blog, I'm sure you can see how the Votre Vray project relates to who I am in my thought processes.
  • I want to help people find solutions so they can live their truth, not just dream about it.
  • I am constantly trying to open my mind to new solutions and never stop thinking about how I can help others find their truth.
  • I do not pretend to be an expert, but seek out others who have expertise and get permission to use their ideas in sharing with others.
  • I coach others in finding their truth, but ultimately it is up to them.
So what happened to the artisan within?
Did she die off? I think not. Instead, my artistic views are one system I use to relate to the world and connect with others.

Until next time, keep creating.
-Mel.

p.s. The image above is my first official self-portrait created in kindergarten.

No comments: